Hyperspace cost

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hyperspace cost

Post by Jibbles on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:59 am

Havn't been here 4 a while now, however i played this lan once and i concluded that hyperspace needs to cost. U can hyperspace entire fleets with ease and on some of the maps, running and hiding is a viable option, which makes for a lousy game.

I know that not all ppl are like me Razz, but maybe an option that enables hyperspace cost, unless of course there is (i can't say my french is all that good).

Thanks

Jibbles
New members
New members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyperspace cost

Post by manincolor on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:30 pm

hmm as far as i get this mod it's made as accurate to the shows as possible. mods, correct me if im wrong.

New members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piper on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:31 am

Yes we want to be as accurate as possible and we tough that with the resources injections the cost won't change anything. Anyway I think that if you're playing with the 0.75 there's an Hyperspace cost.
piper
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jibbles on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Ahh thats good to hear. Whilst i'm all for realism, perhaps there are other ways to balance things, such as: ships taking longer to build/cost more, have to construct hyperspace/weapons/shield modules on the ships (sorta like the HW2 battlecruiser), and whatever else any1 can think of Razz.
I guess a good example would be: build BC304, then purchase railgun/shield/hyperspace/superweapon(mkIV nuke,anti-ori,or horizon) modules. Possibly include basic shields and railguns with the original purchase and upgrade to asgard shields.
Whatevers good Smile

[edit]: after playing the new release, i see some of these ideas have been put into practise Smile

Jibbles
New members
New members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piper on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:32 am

Yes, one of our project is to make all Bc-304 the same and make possible to build on it asgard weapon, Horizon, shield etc.
For the hyperspace engine, I think we'll let it with the basic ship for 2 reasons:
1- It's included on every 304 in the show.
2- The ship most come out of hyperspace when we build it.
piper
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Septimus314 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:31 am

But the only ship that didn't start with Asgard shielding was Prometheus, all the others started with Asgard shielding, but the weapons were then later built in

Septimus314
New members
New members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top